Yesterday I met with Andy from igiveada.mn, this is the site I’m using to allow all my international fans to donate, if they wish to of course…
When I left I was hit (it felt quite literally) with the realization of what I was doing!
Yes, over the months I’ve had people telling me that I’m crazy and that our bodies aren’t made for stuff like this, I’ve had tons of positive feedback too hovering around motivational and inspiring but I have always received these comments with no more than a shrug and a smile, putting them out of my mind almost immediately.
However after chatting with Andy yesterday, for whatever reason (I think it might be my meditation practice that I’ve taken up again), I didn’t shrug off what was said (all positive by the way) and for the first time examined exactly what it is I will be doing in 23 days time:
- for between 10 and 11 hours – uphill most of the way.
- with my mom at my side, and in the name of a mom who isn’t here anymore (physically anyway)
- with almost certain pain
- trying to keep the shouting in my mind at bay, over how much further I CAN actually push my body
- for Reach For Recovery to help more breast cancer survivors adjust to the upheaval of going through the trauma of this sickness
- to prove to myself that anything is possible if I put my mind to it
Any suggestions on how to kill, or at least paralyze the Kamakazi butterflies zooming around my tummy, would be greatly appreciated…